See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF IrelandJobs in Ireland
Give in your Will
By remembering Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) through a gift in your Will, you are making a unique commitment to a cause that makes a real difference to people’s lives. We rely on the generosity of our supporters – without voluntary donations, including gifts in Wills, our work would simply not be possible.
By leaving a legacy to MSF you can ensure our financial independence, which enables us to provide medical aid where and when it is needed most, continues. Your contribution is invaluable, whatever the amount.
1 out of 6 of our projects are funded by Legacies
“Every day I see the incredible impact our medical work has on patients right across Yemen. I witness how MSF facilities are often the last remaining option for so many people trapped in the trauma of this war. Whether it is delivering babies, removing bullets or treating cholera, our teams are working around the clock to provide lifesaving emergency care. Seeing this, I reflect that, without our supporters, none of this work would be possible. Thank you.”
How to leave a gift in your will
If you have already made a Will, but would like to leave a gift to MSF, you can do so by making a simple addition to your existing Will. This is called a codicil, and your solicitor can help you with it.
If you do not have a Will at the moment, we would strongly advise you to see a solicitor.
Although you will have to pay a fee, you will receive professional advice and can be sure that your wishes are achieved.
- We promise that we will endeavour to spend the money in an area of the world that is close to your heart, if that is what you wish. However, do bear in mind we are an emergency organisation and we may no longer be needed in the country or project you have in mind.
- We promise to respect your right to privacy. You don’t have to tell us how much you have decided to leave to MSF.
- We promise to use your special gift wisely and effectively.
How to leave a gift to MSF in your Will:
There are three ways in which you can leave a gift to charity in your Will:
- You can choose to leave a share, or the whole, of what is left in your estate once you have provided for your loved ones. This is called a residuary gift.
- You can choose to give a gift of a fixed amount of money. This is called a pecuniary gift.
- You can also choose to leave a specific gift of property, such as a building, jewellery or shares.
Your solicitor will be able to provide you with advice on which option best suits your wishes and personal circumstances.
Your solicitor will need to know our address and registered charity number:
Médecins Sans Frontières Ireland, 9 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4
Registered Revenue number: CHY18196
Registered Charity Number: 20069360
If the time is right for you to consider leaving a gift to MSF, please contact email@example.com or call Lia on 01 660 3337.