See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF IrelandJobs in Ireland
Other organisations working overseas
If you do not yet meet the requirements for working with MSF or your profession is not listed you may wish to look at the following organisations which also operate abroad.
- British Red Cross
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Trekforce Worldwide
- Raleigh International
- Handicap International
- International Medical Corps
- Medecins Du Monde
- Africa Health Placements
- Mercy Ships
Health workers and other skilled personnel (teachers etc)
- VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas)
- Save the Children
- CARE International
- Islamic Relief
- Christian Aid
- Action Aid
- Health Unlimited
- Action Against Hunger
Family planning/reproductive healthcare
- Mine Action Group
- Commonwealth Youth Exchange
- Lattitude Global Volunteerings
- International Voluntary Service
- Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Skillshare Africa
- ATD Fourth World
- Restless Development
Useful resources for working overseas
- Wilson M, 2004, The Medics guide to working around the world, Second edition, Arnold, London
- Griffith S, 2004, Gap years for grown ups, First edition, Vacation work publication, Oxford
- Pybus V, 2005, International voluntary work, Ninth edition, Vacation work pulications, Oxford
- ReliefWeb provides information about humanitarian issues, including job opportunities.
- World Service Enquiry provides information and advice about working or volunteering overseas.
- BOND is a networking organisation providing courses, job vacancies etc.
- RedR-IHE provides training courses related to humanitarian work.
- CharityJob provides a comprehensive database of opportunities in the charitable sector.
- MedAir recruits staff internationally who are motivated by their Christian faith to care for people in need.
- Global Health Jobs UK is a specialist job-board for professionals seeking job opportunities in global health.