See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF IrelandJobs in Ireland
MSF pharmacists provide essential expertise in our projects.
From training national staff how to store and manage lifesaving medications through to ensuring enough medications are flown in to tackle sudden malaria outbreaks, MSF pharmacists ensure that essential medicines are there when they are needed, well managed, transported and stored appropriately.
Our pharmacists are often based in the country capital, supporting all projects in that country, often through more than one MSF Operation Centre.
It’s an exciting and diverse role and you would be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Ensuring good practice in distribution and pharmaceutical practices comply with national rules
- Drug management and medical equipment order, storage and distribution in MSF projects
- Training and supervising local staff working in the project pharmacies and warehouses
- Assist the coordination team with ensuring that medications safely reach the projects where needed
Stories from the field
- Qualification as a pharmacist and significant post qualification experience, ideally in hospital pharmacy management
- Experience in supervising, training and managing others
- Ability to work well as a part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and use initiative
- Willingness to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Fluency in English
- Available for a minimum period of nine months
- Minimum of three months’ work, volunteering or travelling experience in developing countries
We are currently looking for pharmacists with good French and Arabic Skills.
If you speak French or Arabic to a level where you can be placed in a French or Arabic speaking mission such as Democratic Republic of Congo, Chad or Yemen, you are much more likely to be accepted onto the MSF register.
before you apply
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
What's it like working for MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Please watch this short video and reflect on why you want to work for MSF before starting your application.